Caramel-Cashew Dark Chocolate Chippers Recipe
The flavor of these cookies is wonderful. My family likes to sandwich a scoop of vanilla ice cream between two cookies. It makes a special summertime treat.—Pam Ivbuls, Omaha, Nebraska
- 4 cups salted cashews
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (13.4 ounces) dulce de leche
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) dark chocolate chips
- Additional sugar
- 1. Place cashews and sugars in a food processor; cover and process until nuts are finely chopped.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat butter and dulce de leche until blended. Beat in eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Combine baking mix and cashew mixture; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips (dough will be sticky).
- 3. Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 4 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Coat bottom of a glass with cooking spray, then dip in additional sugar. Flatten cookies with prepared glass to 2-1/2-in. circles, redipping in sugar as needed.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 15-18 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 3 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 cookie equals 407 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 390 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC