- 4 cups salted cashews
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (13.4 ounces) dulce de leche
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) dark chocolate chips
- Additional sugar
- Place cashews and sugars in a food processor; cover and process until nuts are finely chopped.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and dulce de leche until blended. Beat in eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Combine baking mix and cashew mixture; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips (dough will be sticky).
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 4 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Coat bottom of a glass with cooking spray, then dip in additional sugar. Flatten cookies with prepared glass to 2-1/2-in. circles, redipping in sugar as needed.
- Bake at 325° for 15-18 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 3 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forCaramel-Cashew Dark Chocolate Chippers
"These are the best cookies ever! very easy to mix up and perfect flavor and texture. I didn't have dulce de leche so I used a jar of good quality caramel ice cream topping. I will definitely make these again and again! ~- Marmalady"
"So good I made a second batch. First batch used pecans and made it like a traditional choc chip cooky; second batch followed recipe with cashews mixed with sugars. YUMMY! Will use recipe again."