Caramel Cashew Clusters Recipe
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 pounds milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1 cup salted cashew halves
- 28 caramels
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1. Line baking sheets with waxed paper and grease paper with butter; set aside.
- 2. In a microwave, melt 1 pound of candy coating; stir until smooth. Drop by scant tablespoonfuls onto prepared pans. Let stand until partially set, about 3 minutes. Top each with six or seven cashews. Let stand until completely set.
- 3. In a small heavy saucepan, combine caramels and cream. Cook and stir over low heat until melted; stir until smooth. Spoon over cashews. Reheat caramel over low heat if it thickens. Melt remaining candy coating; spoon over caramel. Let stand until set. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 228 calories, 13g fat (9g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Cashew Clusters
"quick and easy to make. and veryyyyy tasty........"
"Made these several times. Tried other nuts pecans, walnuts, peanuts all where very good"
"These are so easy and so delicious! I used my own homemade caramel instead of buying caramel, and they turned out wonderful!"
"Am wondering if you could you various chocolate (milk, semi-sweet, dark) in place of the milk chocolate candy coating. These sound great and not too difficult!"
"These don't last long when I make them."