Caramel Cashew Clusters Recipe
Several years ago, a co-worker came across candies like these in a store and asked if I could make them. After some trial and error, I came up with a winning recipe. —Karen Daniels, Jefferson City, Missouri
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 pounds milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1 cup salted cashew halves
- 28 caramels
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1. Line baking sheets with waxed paper and grease paper with butter; set aside.
- 2. In a microwave, melt 1 pound of candy coating; stir until smooth. Drop by scant tablespoonfuls onto prepared pans. Let stand until partially set, about 3 minutes. Top each with six or seven cashews. Let stand until completely set.
- 3. In a small heavy saucepan, combine caramels and cream. Cook and stir over low heat until melted; stir until smooth. Spoon over cashews. Reheat caramel over low heat if it thickens. Melt remaining candy coating; spoon over caramel. Let stand until set. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 candy equals 228 calories, 13 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC