- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 pounds milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1 cup salted cashew halves
- 28 caramels
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Line baking sheets with waxed paper and grease paper with butter; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt 1 pound of candy coating; stir until smooth. Drop by scant tablespoonfuls onto prepared pans. Let stand until partially set, about 3 minutes. Top each with six or seven cashews. Let stand until completely set.
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine caramels and cream. Cook and stir over low heat until melted; stir until smooth. Spoon over cashews. Reheat caramel over low heat if it thickens. Melt remaining candy coating; spoon over caramel. Let stand until set. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Cashew Clusters
"Excellent and beautiful!! These turtle like candies will go quick. Followed recipe except substituting Carmel bits warmed in microwave. Easy to make and loved by all! As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home I enjoy recipes that standout on a cookie tray and taste amazing!"
"quick and easy to make. and veryyyyy tasty........"
"Made these several times. Tried other nuts pecans, walnuts, peanuts all where very good"
"These are so easy and so delicious! I used my own homemade caramel instead of buying caramel, and they turned out wonderful!"
"Am wondering if you could you various chocolate (milk, semi-sweet, dark) in place of the milk chocolate candy coating. These sound great and not too difficult!"
"These don't last long when I make them."