- Pour over crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or
- until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and water. Cook over medium-low heat
- until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat;
- cover and boil for 2 minutes. Uncover; boil until mixture is golden
- brown and a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-cracked stage),
- about 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in cream until smooth, about 5 minutes
- (mixture will appear lumpy at first). Add cashews; cool to lukewarm.
- Carefully spoon over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 476 calories, 28 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.