Caramel Cashew Cheesecake Recipe
When a friend served this luscious cheesecake at a birthday party, I left with the recipe. Every time I make it, rave reviews and recipe requests come my way. —Pat Price, Bucyrus, Ohio
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup coarsely chopped unsalted cashews
- 1. In a small bowl, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cashews, confectioners' sugar and salt. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs and cream; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- 3. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer.
- 4. In a saucepan, combine sugar and water. Cook over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cover and boil for 2 minutes. Uncover; boil until mixture is golden brown and a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-cracked stage), about 8 minutes.
- 5. Remove from the heat. Stir in cream until smooth, about 5 minutes (mixture will appear lumpy at first). Add cashews; cool to lukewarm. Carefully spoon over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight.
- 6. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 476 calories, 28g fat (13g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for Caramel Cashew Cheesecake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC