Caramel Cashew Brownies Recipe
- 18 caramels
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped salted cashews
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir the caramels, butter and milk over low heat until the caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs and vanilla; stir into caramel mixture. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into caramel mixture until blended. Fold in cashews.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 25 brownies.
Originally published as Caramel Cashew Brownies in Country Woman May/June 2000, p33
Reviews for Caramel Cashew Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2010
"I made these for a get together and everyone wanted the recipe. They are a nice change from ordinary brownies."