Caramel Candy Bars
You’ll love these delicious, buttery bars. They’re so rich that a small portion may be enough to satisfy your sweet tooth—but don’t expect many leftovers!
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- CARAMEL LAYER:
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1-2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE:
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown
- sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in flour until blended. Press
- into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 12-15 minutes or until
- golden brown.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt caramels and butter
- with milk until smooth, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat;
- stir in confectioners' sugar and pecans. Spread over crust.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Drizzle over caramel layer. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or
- until firm. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.