Caramel Butter-Pecan Bars for a Crowd Recipe
These melt-in-your-mouth bars from Mary Jean Hlavac in McFarland, Wisconsin are simply to die for. They go together in 10 minutes, and even though the chocolate layer takes time to harden (think make-ahead convenience), these treats are definitely worth the wait.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with pecans. Drizzle caramel topping evenly over pecans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until caramel is bubbly. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand for 5 minutes. Carefully spread chips over caramel layer. Cool at room temperature for at least 6 hours or until chocolate is set. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 140 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Butter-Pecan Bars for a Crowd
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC