Caramel Butter-Pecan Bars for a Crowd Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with pecans. Drizzle caramel topping evenly over pecans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until caramel is bubbly. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand for 5 minutes. Carefully spread chips over caramel layer. Cool at room temperature for at least 6 hours or until chocolate is set. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 140 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Butter-Pecan Bars for a Crowd
"Delicious! I made these for a potluck at work and everyone loved them."
"my family loves these and ask me to make for all special occasions"
"Could cashews or almonds be used in place of pecans?"
"This recipe is wonderful! So good and so quick and easy. Certainly a favorite of the family...never any left. They freeze well too."
"My family loved these bars...soooo rich and good. I thought they were a little expensive (pecans alone were $6) but I will make again."
"These are my husbands FAVORITE!!! He took some to work and his friends wanted the recipe. Hence the reason why I am online printing and rating this recipe. Thanks!!!"
" The white spots have to do with the fat particles of the chocolate or the cocoa butter. This is very common in chocolate products if the correct heating and cooling process (commonly referred to as the tempering process) is not done correctly. The fat particles begin to surface and what you see are white spots on the top. You must go through a heating and cooling process to eliminate the spots. I am not sure of the exact temperatures that must be maintained but I am sure there is some information on the net that could help you out.Hope this helps. Scott "
"Very rich and so yummy! When baking does the caramel get bubbly all over or just on the sides? After 18 minutes I took them out and they have stuck tight to the pan. Any ideas?"
"These melt in your mouth bars were delicious."
"Any hints on how not to get white spots on the chocolate after it cools?"
"Very quick and easy to make, delicious. I'll be sure to make this recipe again."
"If you are allergic to nuts, just leave them out. Show-Me-Chic has the right idea by subbing toffee bits for the nuts."
"What about toffee bits? or dried fruit?? Or apples? Sounds good to me. "
"Sounds delicious, but what if you can't eat nuts?? what could you use instead??"