- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1-3/4 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) caramels
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups white baking chips and/or milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream peanut butter and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar until combined. Roll into 1/2-in balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm.
- In a shallow bowl, combine cereal and walnuts; set aside. In a microwave, melt caramels and butter; stir until smooth. Dip balls in caramel; allow excess to drip off. Roll in cereal mixture; return to baking sheets.
- In a microwave, melt chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over candies. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Caramel Buckeye Candies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p67
Reviews for Caramel Buckeye Candies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2015
"I made these last night and they are to die for! This is a keeper for sure!"