Dipped in caramel and drizzled with melted chocolate, these rich peanut-butter balls are also rolled in cereal and nuts. Yum! —Tiffany Voigt, Hilliard, Ohio
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1-3/4 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) caramels
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups white baking chips and/or milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream peanut butter and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar until combined. Roll into 1/2-in balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm.
- In a shallow bowl, combine cereal and walnuts; set aside. In a microwave, melt caramels and butter; stir until smooth. Dip balls in caramel; allow excess to drip off. Roll in cereal mixture; return to baking sheets.
- In a microwave, melt chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over candies. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Caramel Buckeye Candies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p67
Reviews for Caramel Buckeye Candies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review