Caramel Buckeye Candies Recipe
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1-3/4 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) caramels
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups white baking chips and/or milk chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream peanut butter and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar until combined. Roll into 1/2-in balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, combine cereal and walnuts; set aside. In a microwave, melt caramels and butter; stir until smooth. Dip balls in caramel; allow excess to drip off. Roll in cereal mixture; return to baking sheets.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over candies. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 154 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1-1/2 fat
Reviews for Caramel Buckeye Candies
"I made these last night and they are to die for! This is a keeper for sure!"