Caramel Apples Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 to 10 wooden sticks
- 8 to 10 medium tart apples
- 1. In a heavy 3-qt. saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and milk; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until mixture reaches 248° (firm-ball stage) on a candy thermometer, about 30-40 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Insert wooden sticks into apples. Dip each apple into hot caramel mixture; turn to coat. Set on waxed paper to cool. Yield: 8-10 apples.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Caramel Apples
"Very yummy! We had some left-overs, so we have been enjoying the caramel today! Thanks for sharing!"
"This was an accessible caramel recipe and was absolutely delicious!"
"The flavor of the caramel was wonderful. We rolled some in nuts, some in Heath bits, and some in chopped chocolate chips. Everything was great except the Heath bits;made it too sweet. This is a great recipe and I will make it again."
"You have to wash/spray apples in very hot water for a minute or 2 to get off waxy film from grocery store...then caramel will stick! :)"
"There is only one problem - how do you get the heavy spray off of the apples that they use to preserve them. The caramel will not stick of you don't get this off."
"Followed the recipe except I chopped some peanuts to roll them in - they didn't stick to the wax paper that way. Caramel was perfect, not hard, not too soft. My family loves them and I will be making these again! :)"
"The caramel for this recipe if awful. It was so hard there was no biting into the apple. And they certainly did stick to the wax paper. Bad recipe. Don't waste your time or money."
"These were yummy and I would make them again. I did have 1 problem though. The wax paper would not come off the bottom. So I had to warn everybody that tried them that there were pieces stuck to the bottom"
"very good kids loved it"
"Besides dipping in caramel, try dipping in Melted milk chocolate, then rolling them in crushed nuts..sometimes I will drizzle a little melted white chocolate or roll in sprinkles. What ever your imagination can think of , do it.. Its fun trying new things to use"
"Really easy and very yummy!"
"very delish and easy to make!!"