Caramel Apple Twist Recipe
—Taste of Home Cooking School
- 16 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed and risen
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 12 caramels, cut into fourths
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup vanilla frosting
- 1. Spray work surface lightly with cooking spray. Combine eight dinner rolls into a ball and roll into a 16-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Repeat with remaining rolls. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest. In a large bowl, combine the apples, caramels, 1/2 cup almonds, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Remove wrap from dough.
- 2. Spread apple mixture down the center of each rectangle. Fold long sides of each rectangle over the filling, overlapping slightly; pinch tightly to seal. Pinch ends to seal and tuck under.
- 3. Place seam sides down and side-by-side on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Carefully twist together. Pinch ends to seal. Cover with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray; let rise for 15-20 minutes.
- 4. Remove plastic wrap. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack; cool for 10 minutes. Microwave frosting for 10 seconds. Spread or drizzle over top; sprinkle with remaining almonds. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC