Caramel Apple Twist
Taste of Home Cooking School
16 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 16 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed and risen
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 12 caramels, cut into fourths
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup vanilla frosting
- Spray work surface lightly with cooking spray. Combine eight dinner
- rolls into a ball and roll into a 16-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Repeat
- with remaining rolls. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest. In a
- large bowl, combine the apples, caramels, 1/2 cup almonds, brown
- sugar, flour and cinnamon. Remove wrap from dough.
- Spread apple mixture down the center of each rectangle. Fold long
- sides of each rectangle over the filling, overlapping slightly;
- pinch tightly to seal. Pinch ends to seal and tuck under.
- Place seam sides down and side-by-side on a baking sheet coated with
- cooking spray. Carefully twist together. Pinch ends to seal. Cover
- with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray; let rise for 15-20
- Remove plastic wrap. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until
- light golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack; cool for 10