Bring the fabulous flavor of caramel apples to a terrific trifle brimming with pudding, pie filling and pound cake. English toffee bits add a sweet crunch.—Helen Fields, Springtown, Texas
- 4 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) apple pie filling
- 1 cup English toffee bits
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/4 cups caramel ice cream topping
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Additional caramel ice cream topping
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. In another bowl, combine the pie filling, toffee bits, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- In a 4-qt. trifle bowl or glass bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, pudding, apple mixture, ice cream topping, whipped cream and walnuts. Repeat layers; drizzle with additional ice cream topping. Chill until serving. Yield: 24 servings (2/3 cup each).
Originally published as Caramel Apple Trifle Delight in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p173
Reviews for Caramel Apple Trifle Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review