- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 5 medium)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 loaves (10-3/4 ounces each) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Additional apple pie spice, optional
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the apples, walnuts, brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice. Cook and stir for 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 1/2 cup caramel topping and remaining apple pie spice. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- In a 3-1/2-qt. trifle bowl or glass serving bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, cream cheese mixture and apple mixture. Repeat layers twice. Garnish with remaining whipped topping and drizzle with remaining caramel topping. Sprinkle with additional apple pie spice if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Caramel Apple Trifle
Sort By :
"The flavor of this recipe is so good! I've made it twice and had great reviews both times. A good way to save $$ is to make up your own apple pie spice, there are plenty of recipes online. This is really easy to make also and I love a dessert you can make up ahead of time. The only thing I changed is that I make one and a half times the filling because it seems just a bit too little."
"Very good and easy to make."
"The recipe was delicious, everyone LOVED IT!! However, I had to double everything to fill my trifle bowl. I would make again for Thanksgiving!!!"
"Do the apples turn brown"
"Frist time I made this, It was okay. The second time I made it I doubled up on the apples, caramel. I actually used smuckers caramel topping for ice cream. I also used two cream cheeses and switched the walnuts for pecans. I like real whipped cream so I whipped up my own and decorated it like the picture using a pastry bag. I added more pecans and drizzled the caramel over it. It was delish! It went so fast. The first time I made it , althrough I thought it was good, Their didn't seem to be enough mixture to layer with. So try this recipe but double it up. I'm sure your family will love it. ."