- 7 cups popped popcorn
- 4 cups Crispix
- 4 cups Apple Jacks cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large greased roasting pan, combine the popcorn, cereals and peanuts; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; bring to a rolling boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Cook, without stirring, until mixture turns a medium amber color, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; quickly stir in vanilla and baking soda until mixture is light and foamy. Immediately pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Bake at 250° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread mixture onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 5 quarts.
Reviews for Caramel Apple Snack Mix
"This is the BEST caramel corn recipe you could ask for! It has so much flavor. The Apple Jacks give it a great taste, it has the best buttery, caramel taste. When I make it I add cashews and it's wonderful!! So glad I got this recipe when you published it because now it is a fall time favorite!!"
"I made this for a family reunion and it was a huge it! I will be making this again :)"
"Made this recipe for a Halloween party and everyone loved it. Carmel tasting and sweet! easy to make as well."
"Definitely worth the time and mess for this yummy snack mix! I used honey roasted peanuts instead of regular and since we aren't crazy about Apple Jacks used Apple Cinnamon Cheerios. Perfect for the Applepalooza teen event at our church this fall. One of the kids asked to take the small amount leftover home in a baggie! My daughter agreed to let him have half. : )"
"Our family likes this a lot. I usually double the ingredients when I make it, but only use 1 and 1/2 times the syrup mixture. It is still plenty sweet."
"This is a big hit. I substitute honey roasted peanuts or cashew & add some cinnamon. Delicious!"
"I also thought there would be more of an apple flavor and that was the disappointing part. However, the kids enjoyed it very much."
"I took this to a potluck Halloween party and everybody loved it...."
"I substituted the apple jacks for dried apple chips! Amazing!"
"I agree that it did not have any apple flavor but it was a big hit nonetheless. I've made it twice already. It is a bit messy to make though."