This recipe has been a real hit with family and friends of Melody Michaelis in Sycamore, Illinois. "It's simple, deliciously crunchy and makes up a party-sized portion! Crispix, Apple Jacks and caramel coating give it a unique flavor that's great for all ages.”
- 7 cups popped popcorn
- 4 cups Crispix
- 4 cups Apple Jacks cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large greased roasting pan, combine the popcorn, cereals and peanuts; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; bring to a rolling boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Cook, without stirring, until mixture turns a medium amber color, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; quickly stir in vanilla and baking soda until mixture is light and foamy. Immediately pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Bake at 250° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread mixture onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 5 quarts.
Originally published as Caramel Apple Snack Mix in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p43
Reviews for Caramel Apple Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review