Caramel Apple Salad Recipe
Kids of all ages will love the caramel apple taste of this easy-to-prepare dish. "This salad could arguably be used as a dessert," says Dawn Harvey of Danville, Pennsylvania. "It's very pretty with red apples or a combination of red and green apples."
- 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
- 3-1/2 cups chopped apples
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 1 minute (mixture will be thick). Whisk in 1 cup whipped topping. Fold in remaining topping. Fold in apples. Chill until serving. Sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 177 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC