Caramel Apple Salad Recipe
- 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
- 3-1/2 cups chopped apples
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 1 minute (mixture will be thick). Whisk in 1 cup whipped topping. Fold in remaining topping. Fold in apples. Chill until serving. Sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Caramel Apple Salad
Sort By :
I have made this regularly for years since I first saw the recipe. It is easy, uses just a few ingredients, and is such a good salad, especially for fall!
I made this using regular ingredients (not low fat or sugar free) because its what I had on hand and it turned out great! I wouldve given it five stars however the look of this dessert isn't very appealing (looks a bit like lumpy orange/brown goop). Initially the family took little bits but came back later for more after they discovered how great it tastes. Next time I intend to cut back on the milk so its thicker, place it in a graham crust, top with more whipped cream and caramel sundae topping, and serve as a pie!
This is a great salad recipe that goes fast! I changed things up a little bit though. I added an 8 oz can of undrained crushed pineapple and omitted the 1 cup milk replacing it with 1 cup of mini marshmallows instead. Just mixed everything together in a bowl and chilled it. Delicious!