Caramel-Apple Pork Chops Recipe
Bacon, walnuts, pork chops and a scrumptious caramelized apple and onion mixture. How could anyone resist this fall family pleaser? Best of all, it cooks in one skillet, so cleanup is easy! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3 small tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 3 teaspoons drippings. In the same skillet, cook pork chops in 2 teaspoons reserved drippings over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Saute apples and onion in 1 teaspoon reserved drippings in the same skillet until apples are crisp-tender. Stir in the brown sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon and pepper. Add broth; bring to a boil. Add pork chops. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- 3. Remove chops to serving platter; let stand for 5 minutes. Add spinach to skillet and cook until wilted. Serve with chops. Sprinkle with bacon and walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC