"Sweet wedges of this fun fall dessert are sure to impress guests," writes Tami Lucas of Wooster, Ohio. It has an appealing appearance and tempting combination of apple, caramel and peanut butter flavors.
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 can (12 ounces) lemon-lime soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Press cookie dough into a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Run a large flat spatula under crust to loosen from pan.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, brown sugar and milk until smooth. Spread over the cooled crust. In a bowl, combine the apples and soda; drain well. Toss apples with cinnamon; arrange over cream cheese. Drizzle with the caramel topping and sprinkle with pecans. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Apple Pizza in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p21
Reviews for Caramel Apple Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review