- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced (about 3 cups)
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/3 cup sugar-free caramel topping
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cold reduced-fat butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine pears, apples, sugar and allspice. Transfer to an 8-in.-square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with caramel topping.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine oats, brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Caramel Apple-Pear Crisp
Sort By :
"I made this as a quick weeknight dessert using canned pears and it was delicious. I didn't have any caramel topping so I left that out. I sprinkled the pears with some dried cranberries before adding the topping and it was a great combination. I also substituted pecans for the walnuts. I baked it for just 20 minutes until the topping was browned, since the pears were already soft. I'll definitely make this again."
"Mine came out juicy as well. I did use walnuts, so perhaps it is from the pears? I also used cortland apples which are not very tart, and it came out great! I served it with fat-free reddi whip, everyone inhaled it :)"
"I found this to be a little bit juicier than I would have liked, perhaps because I left the walnuts out - due to diet restrictions, or because the pears I used were very ripe. Still, it was very tasty, not too sweet, and the caramel sauce added a nice touch."