Caramel Apple-Pear Crisp Recipe
This crisp is packed with a combination of healthy pears and apples, and just the right amount of tasty walnuts in the topping. You'll love it! —Amanda Pettit, Logan, Ohio
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced (about 3 cups)
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/3 cup sugar-free caramel topping
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cold reduced-fat butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine pears, apples, sugar and allspice. Transfer to an 8-in.-square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with caramel topping.
- 2. For topping, in a small bowl, combine oats, brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- 3. Bake 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving with 2 tablespoons whipped topping equals 260 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC