Caramel Apple Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 12 caramels, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple and caramels.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 14 muffins.
Reviews for Caramel Apple Muffins(51)
Sort By :
These are really good and easy to make. However the caramel gets really hard once cooled. Next time I think i will use Caramel chips or caramel ice cream topping and drizzle it on top. I think these would be really good as just an apple muffin.
These are so good. I made them as stated in the recipe, except I added just a touch of nutmeg, cloves, and allspice. I also just stuck the caramel in the middle, and used a bit more apples. I used foil cupcakes liners and NO STICKING. Perfect and yummy. My children devoured them!
These are delicious!! I made them exactly the way the recipe says - even after reading all the reviews. I cut the caramels with kitchen scissors & had no problem, I also used a mounding 1/2 cup of finely chopped apples. The batter did flow over the sides a bit, so next time I will make 15 or 16 muffins out of one batch instead of 14. Other than that I wouldn't change a thing, my husband took one bite & said "Wow", my coworkers did the same thing and asked if I would please bring more in for the next day. I also agree with Gail's comment below, a little more apple & caramel but then make a couple extra muffins to compensate for the amount added.
I added l cup chopped apples (2 med. apples) and 4 more caramels. It made 17 muffins instead of 14 and made them alittle gooer. The recipe is a winner and everyone should try it!!! Gail Borczyk Field Editor
I made these muffins - with some of the commenters' suggestions, including using a cup of diced apples, additional spices (nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice), a whole flour-dusted caramel pushed into the middle and covered with a bit of batter, and 2 T of cold butter in the topping. I used Baker's Joy to coat foil cupcake liners, and I used only half of the topping mix per batch. They were a tremendous hit at work and home! Since they were made the night before, most of us heated them for 10 seconds in the microwave (perfect!). Some tried them cold, but the chunk of caramel in the middle wasn't nearly as appetizing as the gooey, warm center. I need to share these with lots more friends and neighbors this Fall! My sincere thanks to Therese for the great recipe, and to all for the extra tips!