- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 12 caramels, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple and caramels.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 14 muffins.
Reviews for Caramel Apple Muffins
"Yummy! Would use even more carmel next time for gooier results."
"I couldn't find the caramel bits so I used a half a teaspoon of caramel topping for each muffin. It made a mess, but it was worth it. I used 2 tablespoons of butter for the topping and used more apples like others suggested."
"Delicious...caramel bits work great."
"I just made a double batch! After making these three separate times I realized I needed to double it because they disappear so quickly. Instead of cutting caramels I used a bag of the Kraft caramel bits ( minus the few handfuls I threw in my mouth ). These are absolutely delicious!!!!"