- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 12 caramels, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple and caramels.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 14 muffins.
Reviews for Caramel Apple Muffins
Sort By :
"Delicious...caramel bits work great."
"I just made a double batch! After making these three separate times I realized I needed to double it because they disappear so quickly. Instead of cutting caramels I used a bag of the Kraft caramel bits ( minus the few handfuls I threw in my mouth ). These are absolutely delicious!!!!"
"I quartered the caramels and doubled the apples. My gosh, when they first come out of the oven and have cooled out of the pan for an additional 10 minutes....just enough to be able to handle them, these are incredible! The caramel does ooze out! But watch out once they cool! They are still moist and delicious, but the caramels harden and can crack your teeth! I will make these again, but try the caramel bites that reviewers are talking about."
"Absolutely superb!!!! Thank you, Therese."
"Delicious! They stuck to the papers sometimes so I might try just making them without papers next times and spraying the pan well. Everyone loved them."