Caramel Apple Jam Recipe
- 6 cups diced peeled apples (1/8-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a Dutch oven, combine the apples, water and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until apples are tender. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into seven hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 7 half-pints.
Reviews for Caramel Apple Jam
Sort By :
Oh lordy this is sweet, I understand that jams are full of sugar but this takes it to another diabetes-inducing level, sorry , this recipe just isn't for me...
i never try yet , but i would love make it for my wedding give aways, can use the apples with out peeling it???
Would like to see more recipes like this using Splenda or something else other than sugar.
We that need to cut down on sugar like to have things like this also. Thanks!! :)
this was way easier to make than apple butter and tasted just like it but better because of the apple chunks. I also used apple cider instead of water-1 cup and half light brown sugar half dark. it had a deep rich color. this is a definite keeper jam recipe for me.
This was really easy to prepare. I agree with the other reviewers in that I added about another half cup of water. The apples off my trees weren't as juicy, so more water was good. Also it is mighty sweet. Next time I think I might cut back a little on the white sugar like maybe 1/4 to 1/2 cup less then 3. I had used a combo of dark and light brown sugar too. This would be really good with biscuits or homemade bread. It's got a nice flavor.