Caramel Apple Fondue
I like to serve this warm caramel dip with sliced apples while we're watching football games on Sunday afternoons. It really warms us up.
28 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Apple slices
- In a heavy 3-qt. saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, milk,
- corn syrup and water; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and
- stir until a candy thermometer reads 230° (thread stage), about
- 8-10 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to a small fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm.
- Serve with apple slices. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 167 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein.