I like to serve this warm caramel dip with sliced apples while we're watching football games on Sunday afternoons. It really warms us up.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Apple slices
- In a heavy 3-qt. saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, milk, corn syrup and water; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 230° (thread stage), about 8-10 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to a small fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Serve with apple slices. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Caramel Apple Fondue in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p97
Reviews for Caramel Apple Fondue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review