- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Apple slices
- In a heavy 3-qt. saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, milk, corn syrup and water; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 230° (thread stage), about 8-10 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to a small fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Serve with apple slices. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Caramel Apple Fondue
Sort By :
"I set this on the table for our holiday in a crock pot. it was so delicious!"
"I made this and put it in my crock pot. The color was a beautiful caramel but by the time I served the apples and fondue it had turned a dark brown."
"LOVED this, I'd probably use about half the sugar next time, and it doesn't need to be in a fondue pot/mini slow cooker as this stays warm for hours."
"This recipe is so good! A family favorite."
"excellent dessert fondue. Add 1 C of chopped peanuts to the recipe, you can roll your apple slice in the nuts after dipping in caramel."