Caramel Apple Crunch Recipe
- 8 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 33 caramels, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons 2% milk, divided
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place the apples in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a heavy saucepan, melt 25 caramels with 2 tablespoons milk, stirring often; drizzle over apples.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, walnuts, salt and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, melt remaining caramels with remaining milk, stirring often until smooth. Drizzle over dessert and ice cream if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Caramel Apple Crunch(3)
Sort By :
Used old fashioned oats in place of the quick oats as they give baked goods a chewier texture. Increased the cinnamon to 1/2 teaspoon. Served to guests along with vanilla ice cream & everyone thought it was delicious!
I was short on time so I substituted a jar of carmel sauce for the melted carmels, and it worked wonders.
Boy, I can't wait to try this!
Going to run out and get some apples/caramels! Would be great for a pot luck dinner! Thanks for sharing!