Caramel Apple Crisp Recipe
You can't beat this combination of tender apples, gooey caramel sauce and a sweet oat topping. "My husband and I are retired and love to cook and bake," says Alta Looney of Howard, Ohio.
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 28 caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Place apples in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice; toss to coat and set aside. Place caramels and water in another microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until heated; stir until blended. Pour over apples.
- 2. Place butter in a microwave-safe dish; cover and heat on high for 30-45 seconds or until melted. Stir in brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon until crumbly. Sprinkle over caramel mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-8 minutes until apples are tender, turning a half turn once. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 394 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Apple Crisp
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC