Caramel Apple Crisp Recipe
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels, halved
- 1 cup apple cider, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Press half of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the apples, caramels and 1 cup oat mixture. Repeat layers. Pour 1/2 cup cider over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Drizzle with remaining cider; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Caramel Apple Crisp(34)
Sort By :
I made this recipe recently for a picnic. I left before the dessert came out but was told it was great!! Cannot wait to make it again and actually try it!
I made this with the caramel bits, more cider, and more cinnamon. Had to bake it 20 minutes longer because of high altitude.Disappointing results -- none of us could taste much of the caramel. I think I'll stick with my apple-cranberry crisp.
Kind of hard work but it's definately worth it. This is one the best desserts I've ever had!
Reading other reviews about the caramel not melting, I used the caramel dip you can find in the produce section of the grocery store. I don't know if it was this or just what, but I felt like I was eating oatmeal with some apple thrown in. I didn't care for this.
This was very good. I also added more cider and I baked it about 15 minutes longer so the apples were soft. I used the caramel bits but next time I think I will try caramel ice cream topping and see how it works. This is a keeper.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Cobbler >
- Apple Crisp >
- Apple Crisp Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Crisp Topping >
- Crisps >
- Crisps & Cobblers >
- Desserts >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >