You can't beat this combination of tender apples, gooey caramel sauce and a sweet oat topping. "My husband and I are retired and love to cook and bake," says Alta Looney of Howard, Ohio.
Featured In: Caramel Apple-Inspired Recipes
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 28 caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place apples in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice; toss to coat and set aside. Place caramels and water in another microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until heated; stir until blended. Pour over apples.
- Place butter in a microwave-safe dish; cover and heat on high for 30-45 seconds or until melted. Stir in brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon until crumbly. Sprinkle over caramel mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-8 minutes until apples are tender, turning a half turn once. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Apple Crisp in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p51
Reviews for Caramel Apple Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2016
"I didn't follow directions too well, but it turned out awesome, so yum. thanks for the recipe :)"
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2016
"This was a fabulous dessert! We have fresh apples right now and they were perfect! We served with fresh whipped cream!"