Caramel Apple Crepes Recipe
Caramel and apple are such a popular flavor combination. When combined with store-bought crepes that are filled with a rich cream cheese mixture, you have a superb dessert or brunch item.—Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Michigan
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup maple syrup, divided
- 6 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 prepared crepes (9 inches), warmed
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add brown sugar and 2 tablespoons syrup; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add apples; cook until apples are tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, cinnamon and remaining syrup until smooth. Spread over crepes. Fold crepes into quarters and serve with apple mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Yield: 10 servings.
1 filled crepe (calculated without cinnamon-sugar) equals 277 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Apple Crepes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC