Caramel and apple are such a popular flavor combination. When combined with store-bought crepes that are filled with a rich cream cheese mixture, you have a superb dessert or brunch item.—Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Michigan
Recommended: Breakfast Ideas for People Who Don't Like Eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup maple syrup, divided
- 6 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 prepared crepes (9 inches), warmed
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add brown sugar and 2 tablespoons syrup; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add apples; cook until apples are tender.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, cinnamon and remaining syrup until smooth. Spread over crepes. Fold crepes into quarters and serve with apple mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Apple Crepes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p106
Reviews for Caramel Apple Crepes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review