Caramel Apple Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 48 round toothpicks
- 1 package (11 ounces) Kraft caramel bits
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, peanuts or M&M minis
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in chips.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Immediately insert a round toothpick in center of each cookie. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine caramels and water. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Holding a cookie by the toothpick, dip cookie in caramel mixture, turning to coat. Allow excess to drip off. Immediately dip the bottom and sides in pecans.
- 4. Place on waxed paper. Repeat with remaining cookies, caramel mixture and pecans. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie: 91 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Apple Cookies
"Very bland and the caramel never set. I am usually pleased with TOH recipes. I checked and did every thing right. Don't know."
"These are absolutely adorable! We made them with a sugar cookie dough instead of chocolate chip. My kids loved helping to make these cookies to take to school."
"these are adorable both inside and outside - this is the best thing I've seen in a loooong time - awesome."
"Love how cute this recipe turns out. Fun little balls of shortbread-style cookie, dressed up to look like caramel apples are great to serve at any fall themed gathering."
"I have been a Taste of Home fan for over 20 years."