Caramel Apple Cookies Recipe
It looks like a caramel apple but it's really a chocolate chip cookie.You can coat the caramel with your favorite type of nut, sprinkles or mini chips. I am often requested to brings these to parties.—Tammy Daniels, Batavia, Ohio
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 48 round toothpicks
- 1 package (11 ounces) Kraft caramel bits
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in chips.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Immediately insert a round toothpick in center of each cookie. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine caramels and water. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Holding a cookie by the toothpick, dip cookie in caramel mixture, turning to coat. Allow excess to drip off. Immediately dip the bottom and sides in pecans.
- 4. Place on waxed paper. Repeat with remaining cookies, caramel mixture and pecans. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 91 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC