Caramel Apple Coffee Cake Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar. Blend in oil and vanilla. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to egg mixture. Stir in apples and pecans. Pour into a greased 10-in. tube pan; bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine topping ingredients. Bring to a boil; boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly pour over warm cake (some topping will run down onto the serving plate.) Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 545 calories, 33g fat (7g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Apple Coffee Cake
"Delicious and very moist. I mixed sweet and tart apples and it worked great. Will definitely make again."
"Easy and delicious"
"I baked this wonderful cake for twelve women---all great cooks. Each and everyone of them requested the recipe before leaving. It is not a pretty cake----it is a delicious cake!!!!!!! I served it with a dollop of whipping cream. I gave this a five star rating but it is not posting .....don't know why."
"Finally tried this cake recipe....yummy and the neighbors loved it too!"
"i made this the first time for a breakfast get together at work. It's been so popular i have made at least 10 since to rave reviewstruly a tried and true recipe every time"
"Brew up a big pot of coffee for this scrumptious cake. It goes so well with great coffee. It's very pretty. I liked that it was easy to prepare without using every bowl/dish in my kitchen. Clean up was a breeze with my nonstick tube pan. The pecans make this cake. Love them. The topping did run down onto the plate. I then put the cake on a decorative plate and scraped the other clean. lol I recommend this cake."
"this is VERY easy and my family loves it. i just sent 4 slices home with my brothers. Delicious!"
"I have made this recipe numerous times over the last year and the whole family loves it. I don't know why, but it's very addicting."
"This is soo good! It is easy to make."
"I have made this for home and for the office many times. Everyone loves it, especially when it is still warm! I added the recipe to my personal cookbook several years ago after trying it from a Taste of Home magazine."