Caramel Apple Coffee Cake Recipe
When you visit friends or relatives in my area of the country, you can be sure the coffee will be brewing soon and their favorite dessert will be served. This is my favorite - maybe that's why I get a lot of visitors!
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar. Blend in oil and vanilla. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to egg mixture. Stir in apples and pecans. Pour into a greased 10-in. tube pan; bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine topping ingredients. Bring to a boil; boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly pour over warm cake (some topping will run down onto the serving plate.) Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 545 calories, 33 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC