- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar. Blend in oil and vanilla. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to egg mixture. Stir in apples and pecans. Pour into a greased 10-in. tube pan; bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- In a small saucepan, combine topping ingredients. Bring to a boil; boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly pour over warm cake (some topping will run down onto the serving plate.) Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Caramel Apple Coffee Cake
"Easy and delicious"
"I found this recipe in one of my Taste of Home cookbooks. It is so good! I didn't have any apples so I used a pint of Apple Pie filling that I canned this year. The soaked-in topping really makes it yummy. This cake may be high in calories but it is a very tasty splurge that I would recommend."
"I can't wait to make this. My question to those that have made it: considering there is no butter in the batter, is the cake moist? I love my coffee cakes to have the taste of butter to them. I'm thinking the apples do supply some moisture to the cake."
"I baked this wonderful cake for twelve women---all great cooks. Each and everyone of them requested the recipe before leaving. It is not a pretty cake----it is a delicious cake!!!!!!! I served it with a dollop of whipping cream. I gave this a five star rating but it is not posting .....don't know why."
"Finally tried this cake recipe....yummy and the neighbors loved it too!"