- 1-1/2 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 8 whole crackers)
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, cook and stir caramels and milk until melted and smooth. Pour 1 cup over crust; sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans. Set remaining caramel mixture aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1 tablespoon flour and remaining sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Combine the apples, cinnamon and remaining flour; fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour into crust.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake for 40 minutes. Reheat reserved caramel mixture if necessary; gently spoon over cheesecake. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until center is just set. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Caramel Apple Cheesecake
Sort By :
So so so so good!!!!
Made this for Thanksgiving & everyone loved it! Easy to make & I like that it only uses 2 packages of cream cheese instead of 4 or 5 like many cheesecake recipes.
sounds wonderful. I want to make this a few days before Thanksgiving and wondered if anyone has made and then frozen it. If so, would you let me know. Thank you! I decided not to freeze the cake and made it on Wednesday. It turned out beautifully and I was surprised how easy it was to put together once everything was assembled. The people at our Thanksgiving dinner loved it. Can see why it won a ribbon. I will definitely make this again!
I have been making this for years. It is my husband's (who isn't a fan of sweets) ALL Time favorite.