- 1-1/2 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 8 whole crackers)
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, cook and stir caramels and milk until melted and smooth. Pour 1 cup over crust; sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans. Set remaining caramel mixture aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1 tablespoon flour and remaining sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Combine the apples, cinnamon and remaining flour; fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour into crust.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake for 40 minutes. Reheat reserved caramel mixture if necessary; gently spoon over cheesecake. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until center is just set. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Caramel Apple Cheesecake
"I have made this many times and everyone LOVED it."
"its the second time I made this and will make it again, I decided to make my own caramel sauce and it turned out pretty awesome"
"Being a lover of fall, my daughter was impressed when I made this cheesecake for her birthday. The whole family agreed that we would no longer buy cheesecake. Instead we will experiment using different fruits with this recipe. Very delicious!"
"I made this for my husband’s birthday, and he said it is possibly the best dessert he has ever eaten. It is rich without being cloyingly sweet. I will be making this one again! Be sure to cut the apples in small thin pieces!I notice is that the recipe calls for a total of 1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided between the top and the bottom. It seems like more than 1/4 cup of pecans on the top in the picture, and the pecans look broken instead of chopped. Also the caramel is flowing down the side of the crust in places. I am not sure how this is possible since the caramel layer is baked on the top of the cheesecake. I think there was some food styling going on in the picture, but I was still very pleased with the way mine looked…and tasted!"
"I served this last night to rave reviews. My first caramel apple cheesecake, but definitely not my last. Love it !!"
"I just made this for Thankgiving lastnight and it turned out amazing! It takes a little bit of time to make, but it's not very difficult. It wasn't overly sweet or dense as far as cheesecakes go. I'll for sure be making this again!"
"I haven'tt made this yet but I can tell it's a 5 star recipe! It looks amazing and I can't wait to make it. I have two questions though before I begin. 1) Can I use fuji apples; and 2) can this be frozen? Please respond.... someone... thank you."
"Great recipe! I used granny smith apples and cut them into thin small chunks. I used just enough caramel to make a thin layer on the bottom of the crust (store bought chocolate crust), so it was a little less than a cup. When I doubled the batch, it made three of them. A 14oz bag of caramels was enough for the thin layers on the bottom for all three of them. Another 14oz bag was enough for a thin layer on top, enough to drizzle on three other cheesecakes I made and then drizzle some more on top of the caramel apple cheesecakes. It was delicious. :)"
"I have been making this recipe for the past five years! It is phenomenal and is my all time favorite cheesecake to make and eat! It always gets great compliments and someone asks for the recipe every year. Love it!"