This recipe won the Grand Prize in an apple recipe contest. With caramel both on the bottom and over the top, this cheesecake is ooey-gooey good.—Lisa Morman, Minot, North Dakota
- 1-1/2 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 8 whole crackers)
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, cook and stir caramels and milk until melted and smooth. Pour 1 cup over crust; sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans. Set remaining caramel mixture aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1 tablespoon flour and remaining sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Combine the apples, cinnamon and remaining flour; fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour into crust.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake for 40 minutes. Reheat reserved caramel mixture if necessary; gently spoon over cheesecake. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until center is just set. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Apple Cheesecake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p54
Reviews for Caramel Apple Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review