Caramel Apple Cheesecake Recipe
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 8 whole crackers)
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, cook and stir caramels and milk until melted and smooth. Pour 1 cup over crust; sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans. Set remaining caramel mixture aside.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1 tablespoon flour and remaining sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Combine the apples, cinnamon and remaining flour; fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour into crust.
- 5. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake for 40 minutes. Reheat reserved caramel mixture if necessary; gently spoon over cheesecake. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- 6. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until center is just set. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 446 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Apple Cheesecake
Sort By :
"its the second time I made this and will make it again, I decided to make my own caramel sauce and it turned out pretty awesome"
"I'd like to make this ahead for Christmas dinner. Can I freeze it?"
"Being a lover of fall, my daughter was impressed when I made this cheesecake for her birthday. The whole family agreed that we would no longer buy cheesecake. Instead we will experiment using different fruits with this recipe. Very delicious!"
"I made this for my husband’s birthday, and he said it is possibly the best dessert he has ever eaten. It is rich without being cloyingly sweet. I will be making this one again! Be sure to cut the apples in small thin pieces!I notice is that the recipe calls for a total of 1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided between the top and the bottom. It seems like more than 1/4 cup of pecans on the top in the picture, and the pecans look broken instead of chopped. Also the caramel is flowing down the side of the crust in places. I am not sure how this is possible since the caramel layer is baked on the top of the cheesecake. I think there was some food styling going on in the picture, but I was still very pleased with the way mine looked…and tasted!"
"I served this last night to rave reviews. My first caramel apple cheesecake, but definitely not my last. Love it !!"
"I just made this for Thankgiving lastnight and it turned out amazing! It takes a little bit of time to make, but it's not very difficult. It wasn't overly sweet or dense as far as cheesecakes go. I'll for sure be making this again!"
"I haven'tt made this yet but I can tell it's a 5 star recipe! It looks amazing and I can't wait to make it. I have two questions though before I begin. 1) Can I use fuji apples; and 2) can this be frozen? Please respond.... someone... thank you."
"Great recipe! I used granny smith apples and cut them into thin small chunks. I used just enough caramel to make a thin layer on the bottom of the crust (store bought chocolate crust), so it was a little less than a cup. When I doubled the batch, it made three of them. A 14oz bag of caramels was enough for the thin layers on the bottom for all three of them. Another 14oz bag was enough for a thin layer on top, enough to drizzle on three other cheesecakes I made and then drizzle some more on top of the caramel apple cheesecakes. It was delicious. :)"
"I have been making this recipe for the past five years! It is phenomenal and is my all time favorite cheesecake to make and eat! It always gets great compliments and someone asks for the recipe every year. Love it!"
"So so so so good!!!!"
"Made this for Thanksgiving & everyone loved it! Easy to make & I like that it only uses 2 packages of cream cheese instead of 4 or 5 like many cheesecake recipes."
"sounds wonderful. I want to make this a few days before Thanksgiving and wondered if anyone has made and then frozen it. If so, would you let me know. Thank you! I decided not to freeze the cake and made it on Wednesday. It turned out beautifully and I was surprised how easy it was to put together once everything was assembled. The people at our Thanksgiving dinner loved it. Can see why it won a ribbon. I will definitely make this again!"
"I have been making this for years. It is my husband's (who isn't a fan of sweets) ALL Time favorite."
"This was a big hit at our house! The taste is amazing. It is actually better than the one my husband loves at a resort we visit."
"I make a different cheesecake every holiday & everyone said this one was the best ever. I will definitely make it again."
"Kind of complicating to make, but well worth it!"
"Made this cheesecake for Thanksgiving - whole family loved it! I have made alot of different TOH cheesecakes and they said this was the absolute best!!"
"Big hit at thanksgiving! check out how mine came out on my blog: thisiswhyktcishot.blogspot.com"
"This was a great cheesecake. I made it for Thanksgiving dinner and everyone loved it!"
"Taste was wonderful! Rich but not too sweet. I did think the crust could have used more butter as it was very crumbly to work with. I also had to bake it longer than the recipe called for."
"amazing! I made it without the pecans and it was delicious! I am still getting rave reviews on it!"
"I made this for Thanksgiving dinner last year and got nothing but rave reviews!"
"This was AWESOME!!!!! Everyone at my fall party raved about it! It's very rich and I served it in 16th's! YUM!!!"
"Everybody loved it, disappeared before the pumpkin and apple pies, making again for turkey day."
"This was wonderful - can't wait to make it again this year. YUMMMMMMY"
"This is such a delicious cake! We love it and will make it again and again!"
"This was beyond delish, it tasted like an expensive, store bought cheesecake."
"This is nothing but yummy. However, I didnt have large heavy duty foil and didnt really understand when I was making it what it was for, so I just took regular foil, double 2 pieces and set them to make 18in (so there was an overlap in the middle) it wasnt water-proof, so when I removed the foil I realized water had gotten to the crust. It made it soggy on the outside bottom, but was still delicious. I will definately make this again, but I will be sure to have the right size foil. I also followed the recipe times and temp exactly and no trouble with it setting. Oh and I also made about a 1/4c more crust, just because I like alot of crust."
"I am making this recipe now but am confused as to what temperature I'm supposed to bake it at. I know it says 350 in the beginnning for the crust, but is that true for the final baking. I baked it at 350 for the times noted and I still have soup. So I'm guessing the temperature isn't 350. Guess I will have to bump it up to 400 and see what I get."