Caramel Apple Burritos
This recipe is fun to experiment with. I've made them with different varieties of apples and have substituted applesauce or pie filling.Cindy Reams, Philipsburg, Pennsylvania
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 10 caramels
- 5 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Place apple slices in a saucepan; cover and cook over medium heat for
- 3-4 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat. Add caramels; cook and
- stir until caramels are melted. Spoon apple mixture off center on
- each tortilla; fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield:
- 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 299 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.