Caramel Apple Bread Recipe
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the yogurt, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to yogurt mixture and beat until just combined. Fold in apples and pecans.
- 2. Pour into a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter and milk to a boil, stirring constantly. Cover and cook for 1 minute. Cool slightly. Spread over cooled bread. Let stand for 15 minutes. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice: 239 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Apple Bread
"I've had this recipe clipped for a long time and finally made this bread. I don't know what took me so long, because it is very good. The caramel topping isn't too overpowering and the bread has great apple flavor. I substituted plain non-fat greek yogurt for the fat-free plain yogurt and it still tasted great. Great bread for fall."