This is a lovely winter dessert that uses pears that are seasonally available. It's easy to fix and a comforting treat after any meal. I enjoy snacking on it in front of the fireplace. —Diane Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 4 medium pears, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and cloves. Stir in milk until smooth. Add pears and pecans. Spread evenly into a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and butter; stir in boiling water. Pour over batter (do not stir). Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until pears are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Pear Pudding in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2009, p90
Reviews for Caramel and Pear Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review