Caramel and Pear Pudding Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 4 medium pears, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and cloves. Stir in milk until smooth. Add pears and pecans. Spread evenly into a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and butter; stir in boiling water. Pour over batter (do not stir). Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until pears are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Caramel and Pear Pudding(14)
Sort By :
Made this pudding today and it was delicious. Turned out great. I took the lid off for the last half hour of cooking so the top the top of the pudding would dry out a bit. Loved being able to put it in the crock pot. Small portions are enough as it was quite rich and filling!!!
My family went nuts for this dessert and they keep asking for more! I love any easy crockpot dessert, especially when it gets rave reviews!
This went over big with my whole family, even those who do not like pears! Made it just as recipe called for except I used 3/4 cup buttermilk because I was out of regular milk.
Can you use apples instead? I don't care for pears.
I made this for dessert and had problems with the bottom part of the pudding being too runny. My family really liked the flavor and I plan to make it again, but with some slight changes. I think I will omit the boiling water in the sauce, melt the butter and stir the brown sugar into to that.