Cara's Crunchy Chicken Strips
Crushed croutons—buy ’em or make ’em—are the crunchy secret to these easy-bake nuggets of chicken. —Cara Winterhoff, Tempe, Arizona
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup Bisquick® mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed Caesar salad croutons
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Dipping sauce of your choice
- In a shallow bowl, mix the baking mix, salt and pepper. Place crushed
- croutons and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in baking
- mix to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in eggs, then in
- croutons, patting to help coating adhere.
- Arrange in a single layer on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. baking pan.
- Drizzle with butter. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until
- chicken is no longer pink, turning once. Serve with dipping sauce.
- Yield: 6 servings.