- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound fully cooked andouille sausage links, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large saucepan, combine first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in shrimp, sausage and rice. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and stir; cover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Captain Russell's Jambalaya
"Very delicious and extremely easy. Followed the recipe exactly."
"AMAZING! It was so easy to make and didn't take long to cook therefore something I could cook any night of the week. Only substitution was I used mild italian sausage instead of andouille and a dash of red pepper flakes instead of the hot sauce."
"AMAZING! It was so easy to make and didn't take long to cook therefore something I could cook any night of the week. Only substitution was I used mild italian sausage and a dash of red pepper flakes instead of the hot sauce."
"I made this according to the recipe. It was very good. The whole family liked it. I did add some extra broth after the first 45 minutes and I would probably add even a bit more next time. I would also up the meat. Definitely do the whole pound of sausage and perhaps add some chicken. Definitely a do over!"
"I made this just like the recipe with no substitutions. It is absolutely amazing. I have never had Jambalaya before but thought this was so good that I could almost picture myself eating in New Orleans."
"Super easy and super yummy. Not a big fan of shrimp so I substitute chicken instead. =)"
"I took out the sausage and doubled the shrimp it is SO good! This recipe was a keeper"
"I never comment on these things, but I had to for this recipe. This was AMAZING! So easy to make and full of flavor! We like heat, so I added crushed red pepper flakes and extra hot sauce. Will definitely be making this again! Thank you so much!"
"I have made this twice now! It is SO good!!"
"I'm not normally a big fan of jambalaya, but this was really good. Mine looks much drier than the picture so before we actually dig in I'll probably add more liquid. Outside of chicken instead of shrimp I followed the recipe and had fun making it. Thanks for posting it!"