Captain Russell's Jambalaya
“A tour guide in New Orleans gave me this recipe. It’s so easy to prepare. The deliciously authentic Cajun flavors make it one of my favorite recipes.” —Donna Lamano, Olathe, Kansas
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Andouille Sausage links, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Remove from the heat; stir in the shrimp, sausage and rice.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Remove foil and stir;
- cover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 556 calories, 25 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 184 mg cholesterol, 1,345 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.