Captain Russell's Jambalaya Recipe
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound fully cooked andouille sausage links, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large saucepan, combine first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in shrimp, sausage and rice. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and stir; cover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 556 calories, 25 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 184 mg cholesterol, 1,345 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Captain Russell's Jambalaya
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.