Caprese Tomato Bites
I love the classic combination of tomatoes, mozzarella and basil in these bite-size appetizers. The juicy explosion you get when you pop one into your mouth is the genuine taste of springtime.
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Scoop out and discard pulp of cherry tomatoes. Invert tomatoes onto
- paper towels to drain.
- In a food processor, combine the cream, mozzarella cheese, basil and
- garlic; cover and process until blended.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or heavy-duty resealable
- plastic bag. Fill with cheese mixture.
- Turn tomato halves over; drizzle with vinegar. Pipe cheese mixture
- into tomatoes. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 3 appetizers equals 63 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.