Caprese Salad Kabobs
This appetizer is more creative than a veggie platter and healthier than chips and dip. I often make it for my family to snack on, and it's a great recipe for the kids to help with. —Christine Mitchell, Glendora, California
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 24 grape tomatoes
- 12 cherry-size fresh mozzarella cheese balls
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- On each of 12 wooden appetizer skewers, alternately thread two
- tomatoes, one cheese ball and two basil leaves; place on a serving
- plate. In a small bowl, whisk the oil and vinegar; drizzle over
- kabobs just before serving. Yield: 12 kabobs.
Nutritional Facts: 1 kabob equals 45 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.