Caprese Chicken with Bacon
Smoky bacon, fresh basil, ripe tomatoes and gooey mozzarella top these appealing chicken breasts. The aroma as they bake is irresistible! —Tammy Hayden, Quincy, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 8 bacon strips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place bacon in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake
- at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until partially cooked but not
- crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Place chicken in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; brush with
- oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with tomatoes and basil.
- Wrap each in two bacon strips, arranging bacon in a crisscross.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170°. Top with cheese; bake 1 minute longer or
- until melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 373 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 821 mg sodium,