- 8 bacon strips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 4 slices Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- Place bacon in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Place chicken in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan; brush with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with tomatoes and basil. Wrap each in two bacon strips, arranging bacon in a crisscross.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Top with cheese; bake 1 minute longer or until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Caprese Chicken with Bacon
Sort By :
"I made this recipe a couple nights ago for my parents and they couldn't stop talking about it, literally! As we were eating it and throughout the rest of the night. This is going on the list of recipes to make very often. I may try using sun dried tomatoes one of the times. And I used provolone in place of the mozzarella. YUM!"
"This recipe is really easy to make. After reading some of the reviews about flavor I decided to use Sun Dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, instead of the plum tomatoes. The flavor was phenomenal. My husband said "don't lose this one" haha"
"After a long winter this recipe sounded good. It was good ,however,the freshness of tomatoes were not like the summertime tomatoes."
"This is a recipe that I love to fix when we have guests. I looks and tastes fancy, but is not too hard to fix. Definitely a keeper."
"This was so easy to make and so good that I will definitely make this again. It looks like like it takes longer to make than it does."